Lamb with Garlic, Rosemary, and Anchovies (and what to do with the leftovers)

As an animal lover it's hard to admit it...but I love lamb. I love it soooo much. I love it roasted or grilled, I love rack of lamb, I love leg of lamb, I love ground lamb....you get the idea. My dad used to make me his amazing mustard-encrusted rack of lamb for every special occasion. And Chris knows my weakness and uses it to play to his strengths.

This dish is his specialty, as advised by the River Cottage Meat Book. I don't know the recipe for this, but the concept is pretty basic - you take a leg of lamb, you slash holes in it, you stuff each hole with a slice of garlic, a sprig of rosemary, and an anchovy - and then you roast it. Now, neither of us like anchovies, but when you roast this bad boy, the anchovies just melt into the lamb and imbue it all the salty, fatty goodness (and none of the fishiness).

Of course, that's a whole leg of lamb. What do you do with the leftovers? Don't worry, we have plans for that:

- Cold Lamb & Rice Salad with Yogurt Dressing
- Shepherd's Pie
- Baked Lamb Orzo

Comments

Popular Posts