Copley Farmers Market

With three weeks of work and two weekends of class, not much creative cooking has been going on here. Well, with the exception of Chris' delicious burgers, but he tends not share his secrets. However, a whole lot of fresh food has been happening thanks to the Copley Farmers Market. While I celebrate the first weekend in a while to relax, cook, and (ahem) do homework, we'll take a short intermission to talk about a few of the many reasons I love the Copley Farmers Market:

- Dick's - great variety, good prices, and PINEAPPLE MINT for mojitos. My main standby. Plus they're always willing to supply extra carrot greens and turnip greens for free to feed starving, spoiled bunnies.

- Cook's Farm Orchard bakery - best pie crust around and ginormous $2 chocolate chip cookies. I always save 1/2 for Chris, so now when I head out for work on farmers market day, he kindly reminds me to get him his "damn cookie."

- Atlas Farm's beautiful season-round supply of greens. Well, actually the bunnies like that the best.

- Keown Orchard's peaches and nectarines.

- Iggy's Bread makes an incredible basil/mozzarella/tomato sandwich if you get there early enough.

- Crystal Brook Farm's Australian ginger goat cheese is one of my favorite special treats.

- Stillman's fresh cut flowers stuffed with overgrown basil - although they've sadly increased the price so I haven't purchased any this year. I'm not even going to mention their meat CSA because I don't participate, but I dream about joining.

- Hamilton Farm's always has the best berries.

- twice a week from May to November!

Oh, and there's much more, but these are my favorites. Next up, farmers market enabled goodies!

Comments

Popular Posts