Amish Friendship Bread


I was recently introduced to the concept of Amish Friendship Bread. Think of it like a chain letter, only with bread. Someone gives you a container with starter dough (usually in the oh-so-traditional Ziploc bag), you let it ferment for 10 days and squish it occasionally, you set aside a few more bags for your friends, and you bake what's left. This fascinates and terrifies me.

It's been 10 days and I've given it my first shot using the Happy Zombie's recommended recipe. Next time I'll probably give them a whole lot longer in the oven or cut down on the liquid - they're a little....gelatinous right now, though that may be the instant pudding! Despite the fact that it's falling apart, the pieces falling off are still delicious. Plus, I have my own Ziploc bags ready for the next victims, but I kept one for myself so I'll be able to give it a second try in another 10 days.


Comments

Popular Posts